Tuesday, October 12, 2021

 

Hello families!

My name is Mrs. Karr and I will be the Room 11 teacher until Mr. Fisher returns.  I know this may be a difficult transition.  Please know that I love teaching grade 4 and I am committed to supporting all students!

This morning we had an "introduction to Mrs. Karr" slideshow where students guessed many things about me (my favourite colour, food, if I have any pets, children, etc.)  What an observant class!  The grade 4's were able to correctly guess many things about me.  Each student had time to share what things they had in common with me, or things that were different.

In Math, students showed me how they used cards or dice to represent multi-digit numbers in standard and expanded form as well as drawing base ten blocks.  In the afternoon, we also played the Fraction Bingo game.

In Language Arts, students explained to me what is happening in the novel "The Cats of Tanglewood Forest."  We wrote a summary of the book so far.  Then I read a couple more chapters in the book.  Students also went to the library for book exchange.

Today we had Phys Ed with Ms. Sterne in the Gym.

At the end of the day, we had Art (one of Mrs. Karr's favourite subjects)!  Students made themselves into a Lego figure.  Students made the figure look like themselves and included things they enjoy (like a book for reading, a paintbrush for Art, etc.)

I look forward to getting to know all Grade 4's better!  

Parents, if you have any questions or concerns you may contact me by email at jdkarr@cbe.ab.ca

Note:  Picture Day is next Tuesday October 19th!

-Mrs. Karr 😃



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday, December 17th

Wednesday, November 10th, 2021